Coops Crafty Corner...My Etsy Shop

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Tips and Tricks!

There are many great things you can do with a cucumber! I received an email with several tips and tricks using cucumbers! Here are a few! I have not tried all of these! If you try them, let me know if they worked for you!

1. Using a pen and made a mistake? Take the outside of the cucumber and slowly use it to erase the pen writing - also works great on crayons and markers that the kids have used to decorate the walls!----Have NOT tried this one:)

2.Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area..----Have NOT tried this one:)

3. Feeling tired in the afternoon,? Put down the caffeinated soda and pick up a cucumber. Cucumbers are a good source of B Vitamins and Carbohydrates that can provide that quick pick-me-up that can last for hours.----Have tried, and it works ok, but I still enjoy a soda or tea in the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment