Coops Crafty Corner...My Etsy Shop

Friday, March 4, 2011

The Story behind the Wall Paper :)

One of the things you will notice right now about the things in my shop is that a LOT of them say they are made using WALL PAPER! Some people have asked "what is the wall paper all about?" And, so I thought I would share the back story on that...and why you will be seeing a LOT more products made with wall paper in my shop!
Here are a couple items from my shop that are made using wall paper.


One of my previous jobs was at Home Depot. I worked there for 6 years...and it got me through college, and I still worked there the first year or so of my marriage, while I worked at the preschool. I even met my husband there:) I was his supervisor!! (Nothing has changed..lol)
While working there, one of the departments had wall paper sample books...and when new books came out, they would just throw away the old books. So, I was able to accumulate 3 books of wall paper samples (which is soooo sad, since one week while I was gone, they got rid of ALL of the books since they quit selling wall paper!) I could have had 100 or more books...but oh well, storage would be an issue if that were the case:) The books are really big, if you haven't seen one before...probably 20x20" or so, maybe bigger.
Anyway, I have had the 3 books now for at least 4-5 years...and my original plan was to use them to make my cards...so last year I started dabbling in making cards with the wall paper, and this year I have continued to expand on that, and hope to have the majority of items in my shop made using the wall paper. However, once it's gone...it's gone! And, I will have to make my cards using regular paper again:(
I am anxious to use up the wall paper from these books for a couple reasons...
1)They make truly unique cards...cant find paper like this anywhere else! (Well, maybe on your wall!)
2)I have moved twice now with these books in tow...and it would be nice to not have to move them again. ( Dont think that will happen though since we will be moving again in about a year...but I can try!)
So...that is the story on the wall paper...not much to it, but offers more of an explanation as to why on earth I am using wall paper for my cards! If you want to see more, please check out my shop, and keep an eye open for more, as I have plenty more coming!!

No comments:

Post a Comment